How can influencer marketing help your arts and/or crafts business?
Starting an arts or crafts business can be daunting, starting any business for that matter can be daunting! But it doesn’t have to be. So what can you do that will have a big impact on your new business and help get your products promoted online? There are many things that you can do but what I want to talk about today is influencer marketing. Influencer marking, over the last few years, has really been gaining momentum as a way to increase brand awareness and audience engagement. So how can you use it to help your new arts and/or crafts business? Read on to learn more about how influencer marketing can help your arts and crafts business.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. You can view my disclosure here.
What is influencer marketing?
Before I get into that, let’s dive a bit more into what influencer marketing is. Influencer marketing is a type of marketing that focuses on collaborations to bring focus to your brand or business. It used to be much more common for brands to do celebrity endorsements in which a celebrity would endorse a brand allowing the brand to utilize the celebrity’s status and image. However, more and more, over the last few years there has been a shift in trends in which brands are instead or also using influencer marketing, essentially by utilizing word of mouth from every-day users via blogs and social media to create a buzz around products. Influencers can sometimes be more relatable than celebrities. This is a trend that is continuing to gain momentum.
How can I use influencer marketing to help my business?
There are many arts and crafts influencers on social media and many have their own blogs or YouTube channels. There are many ways that arts and crafts influencers can help sell your designs and products:
- Product reviews: You can collaborate with an influencer by sending her (or him) a free product to use and review. This is one of the most common ways.
- Contests/Giveaways: By coming to an agreement with the influencer in which they promote a contest or giveaway featuring some of your products or designs!
- Starting an affiliate program: Starting an affiliate program can be a good way to give your influencers another way to earn money and help promote your brand’s craft products in the meantime.
- Creative content post/video: Many influencers like to be creative themselves. A lot of them are great photographers, writers, and/or videographers. You can collaborate with them to have them create a video or take photos of themselves using your product in fun and creative ways!
- Guest posts: Doing a guest post on your influencers blog, YouTube or social media account promoting your brand’s craft products or designs.
Wouldn’t influencer marketing be too expensive?
That’s the beauty of influencer marketing! It does not necessarily have to be expensive. Depending on the arrangements you make with the influencer it can be affordable. If you are sending a gift/free craft product for the influencer to keep then you may be able to get free or very affordable exposure. Remember you work together to set the fee and build a relationship with the influencer. There will always be influencers just looking to start out as well so your fee should reflect that while giving a new influencer a chance to get started. Reach out to bloggers and influencers to see if they are interested. Even if they don’t have any sponsored posts already but their blog or social media account fits into your niche they may be interested in collaborating.
Putting it all together
Now that you have more information on How influencer marketing can help your arts and crafts business you can put it into action with your own business. Done correctly this can have a big impact on your new business and help get your products promoted online. I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments if you have any questions or anything to add.